Tier1 10 inch x 4.5 inch (20 Micron) String Wound Sediment Water...
(as of [price_update_date] – Details)
Whole house water filter systems are placed on the main water line entering your home, and designed to remove rust, sediment, chlorine and other chemical contaminants from all water entering your home. So no matter where you are in your house, whether it’s the guest bedroom shower, outside hose, kitchen or bathroom sink, you and your family can have clean, healthy and great tasting water. Not only does a whole house water filter give you the luxury of clean great tasting water from every faucet in the house it can also help extend the life of appliances that use water, such as dishwashers, water heaters and washing machines, because it removes the sediment, chlorine and other contaminants that would otherwise be entering those appliances.
Actual Size: 10 inches (length) x 4 1/2 (outside diameter)
Media: String Wound Polypropylene
Filter Life: 6 months
Micron: 20 Nominal
Designed to Fit
Fits Big blue size housings 10 x 4.5 inches
DirtHard scaleSandRust and corrosionSilt
Comparable Part Numbers
1. Turn off water supply. Press red pressure-relief button (if present)
2. Unscrew housing. Remove large o-ring, wipe clean and set aside
3. Discard used filter cartridge. Wash housing with dish soap and warm water using a nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly
4. Fill 1/3 with water. Add about 1 tablespoon of bleach and scrub to disinfect. Rinse thoroughly
5. Lubricate o-ring with clean silicone grease. Change o-ring if any damage cuts or degradation are present. Insert o-ring in groove
6. NOTE: This step is important to ensure a proper housing seal. Make certain the o-ring is seated level in the groove
7. Insert new filter cartridge
8. Screw housing onto the cap and hand-tighten. Do not over tighten. Make sure cap standpipe slips into cartridge
9. Turn on water supply. Press pressure-relief button (if present). Check for leaks before leaving installation
Reasons to Invest in a Sediment Reducing Filter
Sediment in drinking water on its own isnt particularly hearmful to humans or pets but it can be an indication of lead or iron contamination which can cause serious health issues. If you suspect there is lead in your pipes get your water tested. Sediment filters help protect other appliances and posessions from the harmful effets of particles which can cause staining and spots on clothes, sinks, toilets and more and wear and deterioration on pipes and appliances If other filtration mediums are already in place in your home, sediment filters as a first layer of defense can increase the lifetime of your other filters by reducing the number of particles and contaminants that would otherwise wear on those other filters.
QUICK & EASY INSTALLATION: Fits most housings that accept standard 10-inch x 4.5-inch water filter cartridges.
6 MONTH FILTER LIFE: By replacing your water filter every 6 months, depending on your water quality, you keep your water tasting great with a Tier1 SWC-45-1020.
HIGH QUALITY FILTRATION: This hydronix SWC-45-1020 filter reduces dirt, sediment, sand, silt, rust and corrosion, and other particles
REPLACEMENT PART FOR MANY PART NUMBERS & MODELS: This filter is universal to many 20 Micron 10 x 4.5 sediment water filters
ENHANCED WATER QUALITY: Improves the quality of your water through contaminant reduction